Safer water. Better health. Better performance.
What if there was a single natural way to reduce pain and inflammation? To improve your energy, cognitive function, exercise performance and recovery? what if there was a way to neutralize harmful free radicals and support your body’s enzyme and antioxidant production? And to also hydrate your cells plus generally support your overall health and wellness? Scientists have discovered that H 2 water–molecular hydrogen or diatomic hydrogen water–has all these properties and more. H2 has become a major area of scientific research.
The Healing Property in Healing Waters.
Around the world, there are well-known natural water sources or springs that offer healing or curative properties. Scientists have recently found H 2 in samples analyzed from Nordenau (Germany), Tlacote (Mexico), and Hita Tenryosui, Japan1-3. The existence of H2 in these springs (and others) could be a result of water reacting with alkali-earth metals, or from molecular hydrogen, gas-producing bacteria and algae4. Regardless, the available science regarding H2 and its benefits seems to explain their healing properties.
Hydrogen is the lightest and simplest element appearing first on the Periodic Table of Elements. Molecular hydrogen is also the smallest molecule consisting of just one electron and one proton. Because of its tiny size, it can permeate even sub-cellular structures such as the mitochondria making it extremely bioavailable. It even crosses the blood-brain barrier. It is colorless, odorless, non-metallic, non-toxic, and tasteless.
The body of science regarding health benefits of H 2 has advanced rapidly in recent years thanks to the studies done by research scientists around the globe. Over 1,000 peer-reviewed articles have been published on the impact of H2 on humans, animals, and individual cells. It shows that H2 regulates over 200 biomolecules and appears to provide benefit in 170+ health conditions and disease models, affecting virtually every organ in the human body. H2 operates on human metabolism in three primary areas:
- H2 rapidly and easily converts toxic free (hydroxyl OH-) radicals to water (H2 + 2 OH – > 2 H2O)
- H2 maintains antioxidant homeostasis. In other words, the body’s own antioxidants are leveraged and maintained
- H2 supports cell signaling, cell metabolism, and gene expression. This impacts inflammation, obesity, and aging mechanisms
H2 is not foreign to the body like a pharmaceutical drug. Your body produces small amounts of H 2 gas that diffuse into the bloodstream. Research shows that delivering H2 in higher concentrations than your body can produce is much more effective. In fact, drinking water infused with H2 was used in most of the studies and is the most effective way to deliver its powerful benefits. H2 science is moving quickly beyond theory to practical applications. H2 ionizers and generators allow medical professionals and consumers to leverage the health benefits of H2.
“The effects have been reported in essentially all organs covering 31 disease categories that can be subdivided into 166 disease models, human diseases, treatment-associated pathologies, and pathophysiological conditions of plants with a predominance of oxidative stress-mediated diseases and inflammatory diseases.”
~Medical Gas Research 2015; 5:12
It is not an overestimate to say that hydrogen water’s' impact on therapeutic and preventative medicine could be enormous in the future.”
~Free Radical Research 2010
Chronic, oxidative stress has been identified as one of the major causes of aging and modern, chronic disease. Everyone knows that there are many antioxidants available. However, they have shown only limited success in therapeutic trials. H 2 has some distinct advantages, causing researchers to propose it as a NOVEL antioxidant with superior therapeutic and preventive applications.
- H2 is the smallest molecule. Other antioxidants such as vitamin C or vitamin E are very large by comparison. They must also be digested, absorbed, transported, and finally taken up by the cells. H2 penetrates the stomach lining quickly and acts inside the cells immediately. It’s able to get into every part of the cell more quickly protecting DNA, RNA, and proteins against damaging oxidative stress.
- Each molecule of H2 neutralizes two free radicals. It easily separates into two slightly charged atoms that neutralize the free radicals created by daily oxidative stress. In the process, it creates water thus hydrating the cells.
- H2 is selective and targets only “bad” free radicals. Oxygen radicals are extremely damaging. However, your body also produces “good” free radicals, which serve useful purposes. Other antioxidants only partially neutralize radicals, both the good and bad ones. Worse, these antioxidants can then become free radicals themselves once they’ve done their job. H2 selectively goes after only the bad radicals and unlike other antioxidants, neutralizes them completely.
Our modern lifestyle has greatly increased the oxidative stress on our bodies, leading to alarmingly increased rates of chronic disease and poor health. As a culture, we are out of balance and aging. We lack something to naturally and universally address the decline that comes with aging. The science is clear: H 2 water is a powerful and effective foundation for better health, wellness, and slowing the aging process.
- H2 reduces inflammation and pain. As we age, we ache more. H2 has been shown to be a powerful anti-inflammatory. Potentially, it can also modify the switched on genes that create a constant state inflammation.
- H2 supports optimal cognitive function. The brain is 2-4% of your body’s weight but consumes 20-40% of the oxygen you breathe. Since 2-5% of the oxygen you breathe turns into free radicals, your brain is highly susceptible to oxidative stress damage. H2 neutralizes excess free radicals that occur in the brain.
- H2 promotes cellular health. Research shows H2 alters cell signaling, cell metabolism, and gene expression. This may explain its anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, and anti-apoptotic (or anti-cell death) effects.
- H2 activates production of your own antioxidant levels. H2 triggers activation of antioxidant enzymes in the body (e.g., glutathione peroxidase, super-oxide dismutase, catalase, etc.) and/or proteins that protect the cell. Each one of these enzymes takes care of different kinds of free radicals, and they work together to keep the cells healthy.
Athletes and people who exercise experience more oxidative stress than sedentary individuals. They are also more vulnerable to the effects of chronic dehydration.
- H2 helps improve energy levels. Adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is the fuel that powers your cells during physical activity. Research shows H2 increases ATP production, helping you maintain high energy and better performance.
- H2 improves performance and recovery time. When you exercise, your lactic acid increases, leading to fatigue, muscle damage, decreased endurance, reduced performance, and poor results. Peer-reviewed research on athletes that H2 decreases lactic acid levels leading to better performance and faster recovery.
- H2 reduces oxidative stress. When we exercise, H2 easily enters sub-cellular compartments helping to protect them against damaging cytotoxic oxygen radicals.
- H2 improves your hydration. When H2 molecules combine with and neutralize damaging oxygen radicals, they are transformed into H2O–increasing your cellular hydration. H2 infused alkaline water is also better absorbed by the body than regular tap water.
To summarize, whether at work or play, old or young, healthy, or unhealthy, H 2 offers everyone a wide range of powerful benefits. Most supplements have one mechanism of action; H2 water (and H2 tablets) offers many. It has a very solid and growing body of science to back up its therapeutic benefits. So, if you’re interested in optimizing your health and well-being, enjoying more energy better mental clarity, and improving your athletic performance, then what are you waiting for? Give your body the ability to thrive naturally. Join the H2 revolution. Do what got results in the research and drink H2 infused water. H2 infused UltraWater is the perfect, easy, and convenient way to get the cleanest, and healthiest, hydrogen-rich water.
- ZHANG, J. Y., LIU, C., ZHOU, L., QU, K., WANG, R. T., TAI, M. H., LEI, J. C. W. L., WU, Q. F. & WANG, Z. X. (2012). A Review of Hydrogen as a New Medical Therapy. Hepato-Gastroenterology 59, 1026-1032.
- SHIRAHATA, S. A. N. E. T. A. K. A. (2002). Reduced water for prevention of diseases. Animal Cell Technology: Basic and Applied Aspects 12, 25-30.
- SHIRAHATA, S., HAMASAKI, T. & TERUYA, K. (2012). Advanced research on the health benefit of reduced water. Trends in Food Science & Technology 23, 124-131.
- CONRAD, R., ARAGNO, M. & SEILER, W. (1983). Production and consumption of hydrogen in a eutrophic lake. Applied and Environmental Microbiology45,502-10
Smart Shopper's Guide
What you need to know before buying a Water Ionizer
Get Your FREE H2 Water E-Book
Can hydrogen water help you? See how!
Fill out the form below and we'll send you our free Hydrogen eBook, detailing all the benefits of hydrogen-water!